Friday, August 8, 2008

Fast Food and the Gospel

Last night I tagged along with my friend Corey to the men's TCC men's Bible study downtown. The usual guy was out of town so I volunteered to go. It was a great time of fellowship and study, even though there was just one guy and we were in the McDonald's on Wilmington Street! Anthony, our sole attendee, Corey, and myself studied the first chapter of Ephesians. We sought to understand the main theme of the chapter and to identify the three things Paul lists in verses 18 and 19: what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe. We had a great time and I can honestly say that I got just as much out of it as Anthony did. I must thank Corey for his thoughtful direction that he gave to our study. He asked some great questions like, "Since we see here that Jesus is the one in whom all things are united, how can we love those people who don't believe in Jesus, or who believe in other religions?" At the end of our time I found myself praising God for His grace in calling me to Himself, I'm no better than anyone else and certainly no more deserving of His salvation. But thanks be to God that He saw fit to choose me for Himself! What a great love our Father has for us, His adopted children.

No comments: